Here are the rules of the garden
- NO pesticides
- NO herbicides
- Apply fertilizer only as needed
- Apply fertilizer only to your row
- Are you trellising your plants? (examples:eggplant, tomato, cucumber) If YES, than select a row along the eastern edge of the garden. This is to prevent your tall row from shadowing shorter plants in other rows.
- Water – TURN IT OFF when you leave. Do you need a record of your volunteer hours? Contact us to arrange to track your hours before you start.
- Compost – NO meat, fish, animal product (dung, manure) can be added to the compost pile. Please… no woody material such as hedge clippings or shrub clippings. No lawn grass trimmings, due to possible pesticide residue.